- Graudated at the morning ceremony on Thursday 16 December 2004.
- Gaynor and my parents (who kindly flew down from Brisbane) were in attendance.
- Thesis title is Tomographic Visible Spectroscopy of Plasma Emissivity and Ion Temperatures and though it is not read out at the ceremony (as has been the case for some other graduations I have been to at other universities) it was printed in the program.
- Had time for a couple of quick photographs before Gaynor and my parents had to rush off. We were quite busy that day!
- I toddled (or rather strode purposefully) across campus to the annual departmental Christmas party/lunch. I was definitely (mock-) surprised to find out that formal academic attire wasn't required!
Getting 'hooded' at the ceremony ...
A couple more quick photos:
What?! It isn't formal attire??