Tuesday 18 April 2006

One Year More

My employer, Stichting voor Fundamenteel Onderzoek der Materie (FOM), has offered me a contract extension of one year. Several difficulties have arisen in completing my project to the previous schedule (current contract was due to expire the end of July) and they have asked me to stay on to finish these experiments and to help out somewhat with others that are being developed. So we (the family and I) have agreed to the extension and will now be here until the end of July 2007. In many ways (financial & stability-wise, mostly) we feel this a good thing. A further extension is very unlikely and as to what is next, who knows? Feel free to post your outrageous suggestions or fervent wishes in the comments section and we'll consider including them in our pipe dreams. :D

2 comments:

  1. I think you should stay in Germany as long as possible. Atleast till I get married and can come visit on my honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donovan - I don't think they want to retire there! :)

    J

    ReplyDelete