Thursday 3 February 2005

Dreamworld!

On the Tuesday right before we left Australia, we went to Dreamworld with Aunty Donyque. It was cool and we all want to go back when we get back to Australia. She also took us to McDonald's for lunch.

One of the best rides was the Tower of Terror. They have a tower that goes to 38 stories high. You sit in a car and it shoots you along the track and up the tower. Then you travel the same thing backwards. Joshua didn't want to go on it but Aunty Donyque tried to bribed him with $10. Mum said instead of $10 try with sweet things first. So Joshua said give me a king size packet of Skittles and I'll go on it. So he went on it with me, Dad and Aunty Donyque. On the ride, when you get to the top you start floating out of your chair. The first time I went on it, I had to hold one extra tight because my seatbelt didn't go in far enough. The whole ride lasts about 27 seconds and Joshua says it goes 150 to 160 kilometres per hour. Here are some pictures of the Tower of Terror.


My favourite ride was The Claw. Mum went on it with me and Aunty Donyque. It swings 9 stories high and it spins a little. When we got off I said 'You get a great view from the top' and Mum said, 'You kept your eyes open?!' I went on it twice and both times there was a short line.




A family favourite ride was the Raptercoaster (we all went on that about 4 times.) After a few times I dared Josh to go without holding on and I did that too.

Some off the other rides we went on were the:

  • bumper cars. I bumped every one about 3 times.

  • Angry Beavers. It just goes round and round and up and down inside a fake mountain.

  • Vortex where you spin around fast and stick to the walls.

  • log ride were we got soaked.

  • Wild Water Rapids ride with a fake elephant that squirts water out of its trunk.

  • Wipeout which was cool. It had a fake shark swimming around the bottom and you could see some money that had fallen out of people's pockets while they were upside down.

  • Swinger-Zinger (Chair-O-Planes). It goes round and round and made Mum and Dad feel sick.

  • mine carriage ride where you get jolted and it was very fun.



There is another area called the Blue Lagoon with a pool and three water slides. I like the toboggan slide. At first I felt not very sure about it but it was fun.

Dad really wanted to go on the river cruise and he kept saying "Let's go on the river cruise baby!" but we missed it. None of us really wanted to go on it anyway.

It was a real good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment